Values & Ethos
At Tidemill Academy, we give pupils an excellent education to ensure they have the best possible life chances. We recognise this means focussing on the whole child to ensure that each and every pupil reaches their potential.
The aims of our schools are to:
- Equip children with the knowledge, skills and attitudes needed to succeed in the 21st century
- Have high expectations of every child and value them as individuals
- Utilise creativity to promote life-long learning
- Celebrate diversity, challenge prejudice and bullying
- Provide a safe and supportive environment which empowers children to achieve their best
- Have strong, meaningful links with parents, carers and the local and global community
We recognise the importance of teaching children the values, skills and attitudes that will make them lifelong learners. Along with a set of skills that we believe children need, Tidemill have embedded learning attitudes (or values) throughout our curriculum. These are taught explicitly and are continually promoted across our school community.
To learn more about Tidemill’s skills and attitudes, please click here.
Our vision is to ensure ALL children leave Tidemill Academy as confident, kind, creative and resilient individuals, ready and equipped to make a positive difference to society, now and in the future. Through an exceptionally rich curriculum that inspires a lifelong love of learning, children will be curious and encouraged to take risks in their learning. Tidemill’s ‘skills and attitudes’ will play a fundamental role in school life. Learning in our great school will be exciting, inspiring and memorable.
Meaningful leadership and community opportunities will develop responsible citizens, who are articulate, respectful and appreciative of differences. The highest expectations and aspirations will be held for everyone in our community, with exceptional progress being evident. Everyone will feel a sense of belonging to the school community and able to make a valuable contribution; well-being for all will be paramount. All individuals will thrive and achieve their very best in a caring, supportive and ambitious learning environment.