Tidemill Academy is a great two-form entry primary school with a reputation for being creative, innovative and at the leading edge of educational reform. The lead school for Initial Teacher Training within REAch2, we are situated next to the busy and diverse Deptford High Street, only 6 minutes from London Bridge by train, 11 minutes from Cannon Street and accessible by DLR. Tidemill is a haven where children from all backgrounds flourish. Our children not only achieve excellent results – they exhibit in art galleries, surf in Devon, compete at the London Youth Games, are djembe drummers, make their own branded chocolate, set up blogs and perform Shakespeare at the theatre! They do all this in an award winning building with exceptional facilities.
We are looking for a kind, dedicated and hard working Teaching Assistant who will have a positive impact on the learning and well-being of our pupils. Our children benefit from an outstanding staff team who have a highly collaborative approach to working. If you have a passion for motivating and nurturing young learners, we would love to hear from you.
You will need to be a Teaching Assistant who:
- is kind and enjoys working with children, seeing them succeed
- makes learning fun and engaging
- demonstrates initiative and works well as part of a team to the benefit of children
- is keen to continuously learn, take on feedback and improve
- can build strong relationships with children, parents and the wider community
In return, we will offer:
- enthusiastic and creative children
- a hugely talented & committed staff
- a vibrant, richly diverse school community
- first class professional and career development opportunities
- the chance to work with a supportive family of schools who share the same passion for primary education
If you would like to visit the school or have a conversation with me before applying, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone the school directly on 0208 692 3470.
The application pack is available for download from the school website (www.tidemillacademy.org) or by email from the school email@example.com
Closing Date for applications: Monday 12th June 2023, 9am
Interviews: Wednesday 14th June 2023
Completed applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org A scanned signature will be accepted or simply follow this up with a signed copy in the post to: Lisa Turner, Office Manager, Tidemill Academy, 11 Giffin Street, London, SE8 4RJ.
Tidemill Academy is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and staff. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
DBS Checks and References
Enhanced DBS disclosures with Child Barred List Check and satisfactory references are required for all staff and regular volunteers.