Childline: 0800 1111
At Tidemill Academy, we want you to be safe all the time and not just when you are at school.
Things You Should Know
Try and think of five adults you can go to if you have a problem. Everyone should have a list. They could be your Mum and Dad, your teacher or even an adult that works in another class. They need to be a good listener and follow things up (that means they remember what you said and make things better quickly).
Stop the Bully
1. If you do not like how you are treated, tell them to stop.
2. If they do not stop, report it to a safe adult.
3. Do not copy the behavior of the bully.
4. If you see someone being bullied, report it to a safe adult.
Staying Safe Online
Talk to your parents and carers about what you do and see online.
Hopefully your parents will have settings and controls that stop you seeing anything unsafe just like we do at school.
- If you do see or hear anything unsafe, you must report it to a safe adult straight away.
- Never share your personal information with anyone online.
- Remember that everything you do, see or hear online can be remembered by computers even after it is deleted. This is called your digital footprint. What you do, say or hear online should be respectful at all times.
For further information about ways to stay safe online, you could look at the following websites:
A safe haven is a place where safe adults work together to stop crime and dangerous behaviour. If you are in danger outside school and you cannot find a police officer, you can go to a safe haven and the adults there will protect you. There are safe havens across Lewisham organised by the charity ‘For Jimmy’. Our nearest safe haven is at the Deptford Lounge. Look out for the safe haven logo.
The Underwear Rule: PRIVATES are PRIVATE
Your underwear covers your private parts and no one should tease you about them. No-one should ask to see or touch them either. Sometimes a Doctor, Nurse or family member might have to. They should always explain why and ask you if it is ok first.
What If I Need To Talk To Someone?
Childline is a freecall number where you can speak to a counsellor to get advice on getting through tough times or any problems or concerns you may have. You can also email. To find out more about contacting Childline, click here.
Phone: 0800 1111